SIMCOX-McILVAINE FUNERAL HOME
532 East Main Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
The McIlvaines have provided more than a century of dignified service to all faiths at affordable prices.Charles H. McIlvaine opened the McIlvaine Funeral Home in 1887 on Ridge Avenue at the site of the current East Falls Firehouse. In 1950, his son, Charles J. McIlvaine, a gold medal olympic oarsman, relocated the funeral home to its current location on Midvale Avenue to avoid the frequent flooding of the Schuylkill River. His sons, John and Boyd, came into the family business in the mid-60s. In the mid-70s, they purchased the Simcox Funeral Home in Lansdale from Hillary Simcox, who had begun his business in 1940.
Boyd Jr. became a funeral director and joined the family business in 2001. When John McIlvaine passed away in 2002, Boyd Jr. became the supervisor of the East Falls business. The East Falls business is now managed by John’s widow, Joan McIlvaine.
Kathleen McIlvaine, wife of Boyd, Sr, and mother of Boyd, Jr, joined the Funeral Home business in 1991 after teaching first grade at several Lansdale area schools for 15 years. She died in 2007.
Boyd, Sr., studied at Eckels College of Mortuary Science in Philadelphia. He is a graduate of LaSalle College High School and LaSalle University.
Boyd, Jr., attended Catholic University and studied at the American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service, Inc. in New York City.
Boyd, Jr., carries on the family tradition of rowing on the Schuylkill River.
Boyd, Sr., a former rower, now prefers a liesurely game of golf.